Wednesday, April 25, 2012

The Simple Things……… (Tripp)


It’s amazing.  It’s amazing how the little, maybe even seemingly insignificant things in life are anything but insignificant.  How just sitting on a park bench at lunch holding hands, kissing…laughing…looking at one another can make you smile throughout the day.  Even make you forget about or at least deal with much better, the difficult or stressful things in your life.

My father had surgery today, and while not life-threatening, it could potentially be life-changing.  I guess it puts emphasis on the fact that he’s becoming older and as much as it hurts to admit, his health is failing – not drastically and not overnight, but I noticed about a week and a half ago that he just started looking more frail I guess.  Just not himself.  He was in surgery for about 4 hours today and it was just another ailment to add to the continuing list of health problems and he requires another surgery after this.  I suppose that one would expect you to be concerned.  Maybe even think about your own health and mortality.  And while those are but a few of the thoughts I have, today as I left the park, there was another.  I was grateful for what I have.  I was grateful to have Jane in my life.  I was grateful for the love and passion that we share for each other.  I was grateful to see her smile and hear her laugh.  I was grateful to talk with her throughout the day.  And as crazy as it sounds (and I wouldn’t expect anyone that hasn’t been thought this to understand) with Jane in my life I find myself being so much happier which transfers to me being a better father to my kids.  Even if my son is mortified by my singing and my daughter threatens to put my awesome dance moves on youtube :-P

OK if it was a perfect day it would have been a little warmer out, Jane would be wearing the same dress that she had on last Friday, and we would have been on our way to spend the better part of the day in a hotel – LOL, but I left smiling and happy and I guess feeling like everything maybe can be OK.

4 comments:

  1. Everything WILL be okay sweets...unless babygirl does indeed post that video...lol! Then, you will be way too famous to be bothered with little old me...boo hoo...I'm pouting now.

    I know what you're going through baby, and you know I am here for you as much as I can possibly be...I love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. For the world's sake let's hope she doesn't post the video - LOL. And like I wouldn't have time for you after my new found fame :-P

    How many times to I have to say that pouting isn't fair BTW?

    I love you too baby!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Why not...its not every day the world gets to see a grown man in a skirt waggle his boot-tay. LOL!

    I guess you gotta keep saying it till you just accept that our ideas of "fair" are different...yeah..that's it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. O.M.G.! I can't believe you told everyone that - LOL. They are so gonna have the wrong idea. OK, First of all, it was a kilt. Secondly, I was an audience volunteer and had no idea that I would have to wear a kilt and dance around. And third - fine. I did shake my boot-tay - ROFLMAO. And we'll see whose boot-tay is shaking when I get my hands on you ;-)

    And it's no fair that my hands aren't on your boot-tay now. At least they were yesterday even if we were in a crowded restaurant - LOL.

    ReplyDelete