This day!!
The day I have been waiting for!
Ah, summer!!! How I ♥love♥ thee!
Growing up, there are so many good memories of summer. Summer day camps…days at the pool…mowing the lawn…pitching no-hitter softball games…my first summer job…my first summer romance, much of it spent lying in a hammock, swinging gently under the trees, all cozied up with AJ. Strawberry picking and corn shucking. Barbeques. Sitting around campfires making s'mores and camp pies. The first time (and LAST) I jumped off the 50ft platform at the quarry.
Now, I love being able to sit out on my deck at 8pm with the sun barely setting. Or walking the dog while listening to my summer jams on my iPod. Going out to our favorite restaurant and enjoying the time on the outdoor patio. Going to the park and feeding the ducks. Playing softball, although I no longer pitch. Going to a particular, special park, meeting up with Tripp and having a picnic lunch by the fountain.
Yes, summer…I truly am smitten with you.
Muah!
Confidentiality: This transmission, including any attachments, is solely for the use of the intended recipient(s). This transmission may contain information that is confidential or otherwise protected from disclosure. The use or disclosure of the information contained in this transmission, including any attachments, for any purpose other than that intended by its transmittal is strictly prohibited. Unauthorized interception of this email is a violation of federal criminal law. If you are not an intended recipient of this transmission, please immediately destroy all copies received and notify the sender.
And happy 1st day of summer to you!
ReplyDeleteBTW, I remembered how to remove the email sig: When you're posting via email, put
#end
at the end of your post. When you email it, Blogger will ignore anything after that point.
Sounds like a song I once heard:
ReplyDeleteMy first taste of love oh bittersweet
Green on the vine
Like strawberry wine
Oh Letch, you never fail me (fine-almost never). Thanks for the info! Now..how to repay your kindness ;). Muah!! (btw--I do sooooo miss talking with you!)
ReplyDeleteRyan,
Back in the day, that was an oft played song @ my house--my oldest daughter still loves it & has it on her ipod. Strawberry wine though, brings back reminders of my first forays into alcohol stupidity. Boone's Farm...I do not recommend it--especially not after a midnigt run to Mighty Taco. Just sayin'! (p.s.- I would NEVER think you're a weenie, silly man. About yours...may-y-y-y-be. But as one--never! Muah! )