The world was on fire and no one could save me but you
It's strange what desire will make foolish people do
I'd never dreamed that I'd meet somebody like you
And I'd never dreamed that I'd lose somebody like you
No, I don't want to to fall in love
(this world is only gonna break your heart)
No, I don't want to fall in love
(this world is only gonna break your heart)
With you
What a wicked game you played to make me feel this way
What a wicked thing to do to let me dream of you
What a wicked thing to say you never felt this way
What a wicked thing to do to make me dream of you
And I don't want to fall in love
(this world is only gonna break your heart)
No, I don't want to fall in love
(this world is only gonna break your heart)
With you
(this world is only gonna break your heart)
The world was on fire and no one could save me but you
It's strange what desire will make foolish people do
I'd never dreamed that I'd love somebody like you
And I'd never dreamed that I'd lose somebody like you
No, I don't want to fall in love
(this world is only gonna break your heart)
No, I don't want to fall in love
(this world is only gonna break your heart)
With you
No, I....
(this world is only gonna break your heart)
Nobody
loves
no one
"Music expresses that which cannot be said and on which it is impossible to be silent. " -Victor Hugo
You might have never noticed, but music is closely related to my life. There's never a day that goes by that I've not listened to music, or broken out in song.
It's just part of who I am.
My playlists are eclectic, much like myself.
Anyhow, I was in dance class when the Theory of a Deadman version (my preferred version now) of this song played for out cool down. I knew that I'd heard this song in my past...otherwise how was I able to sing the whole song? A little research after class, and my query was answered. As to why it made me immediately think of Tripp is a whole other story in and of itself, and one I expect l will never write.
Suffice it to say there are many, MANY songs that bring me back to him and thoughts of him, and it continues with newly released music as well. This little fact doesn't lessen my enjoyment of the new music . I've come to accept that it will just be something I will live with and keep in a cherished corner of my heart. I've become much more reflective in my old age.
We would have recently celebrated seven years...my second longest relationship.
He will always be that.
❤
There are some songs that still make me laugh, smile, sigh, and cry, even though the person behind the memory has long been gone.
ReplyDelete